Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Brown Brother


Joshua Iosefo is a Samoan and Nuiean who wrote a poem named Brown Brother.  He had to do a speech.  His speech got posted on youtube then on to Campbell Live.  In this speech it talks about how people think we're all the same.


Joshua's message is that we should not have to listen stereotypes and not to limit yourself.  His poem touched heaps of people like Maoris and Samoans.  He explains how brown people work as fast food burger making,box-packing, rubbish truck drivers, taxi drivers and sober drivers and more also but that we don't need to just be those kind of people.

Joshua's poem had lots of assonance and similes like sugar or the crust, the grain or the nut.  He also uses the word brown brother a lot of times but its a poem. My overall feeling about his poem is that I could probably be the first Maori Lawyer I know.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting story Kaiden ,

    I watched it on tv , it was a pretty insperational
    speech he did. I think it encouraged a lot of people to work harder and do a lot then work but do there on way of working.

    Keep up your work Kaiden.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi kaiden, yes I think you'll be the only maori lawyer I know as well. I watched it on Youtube and think it an inspirational poem. Nice recount about Joshua Iosefo and the poem, Brown Brother.

    I hope to see more stories on your blog. Keep up the good work.
    Tyla-Marie

    ReplyDelete